Privacy Statement of The Association for Science and Discovery Centres (ASDC)
ASDC is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information we receive from you. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and strictly abiding by the Data Protection Act 1998 (The Act).
– Registration and Enquiries: We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you knowingly provide it. On some parts of the website we may ask you to register your details or submit personal information as part of an enquiry form.
– We use the information to help us understand more about how our website is used, to improve our site and the services we offer to you.
– To appropriately respond to your enquiry.
– With your consent and using the contact details you have provided, we may periodically send you communications both electronically or otherwise about ASDC’s services and activities.
– We will not share or sell your personal information to any third parties for marketing or any other purpose without your consent unless where required by law.
What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small text files that store basic information that a web site can use to recognise repeat site visits and, as an example, recall your name if this has been previously supplied. We may use this information to observe your internet use and to compile data in order to improve the website. Cookies do not attach to your system or damage your files.
What sort of cookies do we use?
1. Strictly necessary cookies
Essential cookies that enable you to browse the site and use its features.
2. Functionality cookies
Cookies that improve the functionality of the site by storing your preferences.
3. Performance cookies
Cookies that help to improve the site performance and provide you with a better user experience.
Third party cookies
We may also use or allow third parties to serve cookies.
For example, like many companies, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor site traffic. If we include content from other sites (like Youtube, Facebook, Twitter), you may be sent cookies from these sites. We don’t control them, and you might want to check these third-party sites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
How can you manage cookies?
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Please be aware that these sites may have different privacy policies and we have no control over and take no responsibility for any information submitted to these sites.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies or if you would like to opt out of any marketing communications that you have agreed to, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at The Association for Science and Discovery Centres, The Watershed, 1 Canon’s Road, Harbourside, Bristol, BS1 5TX.